The Smart Technology Expert Courses (SMART-TECH)established at IPPT PAN
started its didactic activity from 1st October 2002.
The SMART-TECH Expert Courses is intended to function as a pioneer solution, allowing for flexible
adaptation of the program to up-to-date needs of the European Hi-Tech area. Growing demand for
well-educated specialists in this field has been observed in recent years. The concept of
an individual education program for each student, started by a technical university in co-operation
with IPPT PAN during M.Sc. studies and then continued by the SMART-TECH Expert
Courses and participation in a research project (carried out jointly with a future employer),
is believed to be an effective way of post-graduate education.
- The program of the SMART-TECH Expert Courses is composed of two semesters of lectures and classes (approx. 6 blocks ×
30 hours) and 1 semester devoted to participation in a research project.
- The SMART-TECH Expert Courses have an international character and the lectures are given in English if needed.
- The SMART-TECH Expert Courses offer is dedicated to those university graduates, who are able to meet the following requirements:
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) degree in engineering, physics or mathematics,
- good command of English,
- high average of the marks obtained during last years of studies,
- successful qualification in the entrance competition.
- It is expected that succeeding in completion of the SMART-TECH Expert Courses followed by obtaining the title of
Expert in Smart Technology should be a springboard for:
- employment in Polish and European Hi-Tech companies,
- continuation of research work within Doctoral Studies at IPPT PAN or other collaborating Polish and European research centres,
- employment at Polish and European research projects.
- The SMART-TECH Expert Courses fee is an equivalent of 1500 Euros per semester, however, the Polish students of the Expert Courses
are granted a scholarship covering 100% of the fee.